Thursday 18 September 2008

BayDOSY: What’s under the Hood


I have already posted about our efforts towards the evaluation of diffusion NMR experiments by means of a new Bayesian-based approach, the so-called bayDOSY.
Recently Stan Sykora has given a talk at GIDRM conference covering some background of this technique for NMR DOSY analysis, including its basic math principles and advantages over other techniques. Also, the limitations of this new data evaluation scheme are noted, as well as potential extensions designed to address some of these limitations.
This talk is available in PDF format from the web page below:

http://www.ebyte.it/stan/Talk_GIDRM_2008.html

As I have already offered, should you be interested in testing bayDOSY, just drop me a line and I will give you a special version of Mnova

2 comments:

DOSYMAN said...

Hi,

Can some one tell me what the diffusion units are?

It's normal to see these given as XX m2 per sec, and they are usually given as log values.

Are these in cm2 per sec? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ian

Tarek S Awad said...

Hi Ian,
I am not sure if someone answered your question but I know that the D value is given in square cm/second, although literatures report it as meters. Personally, I do not know if there is an easy way to change the scale in Mnova DOSY.